Year 6 Graduation 2013

As we walked into the ceremony of our year 6 graduation, the music was pumping and the parents were clapping. We sat down and the ceremony began. We started off with an introduction by Lee who invited the masters of ceremony Amelia Furh, Julian Lekakis and Jack McLeod to talk about their experience as school captain. After, we had Matt Bott our principal to do his address. We watched the interview of the year 6’s who talked about their feelings about high school.

We each got called up in our class to get our graduation scroll and a present which was presented by our classroom teacher. We had the specialist awards next which included P.E, Italian, Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Buddies. Tommy got the P.E award, Lilly got Italian, Sozoe got Visual Arts, Stephanie got Performing Arts and Luke got Buddies. We then moved onto the more important awards which included the Excellence award, the Academic Achievement award and the Dux award. Eleanor got the Excellence award, Julian got the Academic Achievement award and Amelia won the Dux award. Amelia gets to get her name in gold writing outside the office.

The year 6’s had a surprise item for the parents, a dance. I was the leader with Bill. It was a great surprise for everyone. After the dance, we all gave our parents a thank you gift of chocolates. After the ceremony, we got a piece of chocolate cake and we could get a family photo. When I got home, I opened my scroll and my present. The present was a book with lots of photos of the year 6’s with friends, an all-girl photo and an all boy photo and single photos, it came with a pen that we can sign near our photo. It was the best night of my life and I will never forget the friends I have made and all the teachers I have had.

This entry was posted in Recounts, School by zoe2012. Bookmark the permalink.

About zoe2012

Hi my name is Zoe and I am in Year 5. In my family is Mum, Dad, my sister Sammi and me. I have a gorgeous cat called Ghostie. She is about 2 years old and I really love her. My favourite sport is swimming. Some of my friends are Hannah, Bill, Jessie, Sozoe and Paris.